Canada Customers: CLICK HERE
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, there is a voluntary recalling of the X1 Hands-Free Smartboard self-balancing scooter, also known as a hoverboard.
Product Description: An X1 Hands-Free Smartboard self balancing scooter purchased at any time during September 2015, through March 2016. The product is commonly referred to as a “hoverboard”. Hoverboards have two wheels at either end of a platform and are powered by lithium ion battery packs. The X1 comes in gold, black, white, blue, green, red, or pink. Product photos below.
X1 units subject to the recall were sold at mass merchandisers, department stores, home improvement stores and others nationwide and online at Amazon.com, Modells.com, Target.com and other online retailers from September, 2015, through March, 2016, for between $400 and $500.
Products not included in the recall are: (1) X1 Hands-Free Smartboard self-balancing scooters purchased directly online after February 1, 2016, and (2) X1 Hands-Free Smartboard self-balancing scooters which already received a battery retrofit under warranty (if your X1 has a 6-digit number at the center bottom of the unit, it has already received the battery retrofit and is not covered by the recall).
Potential Hazard: The lithium-ion battery packs in the X1 may overheat, posing a fire hazard.
Remedy: Customers who purchased X1 at any time during September, 2015 through March, 2016, should immediately discontinue use and may elect one of the following remedies:
- Repair. Return the unit for the installation of a new UL certified battery pack in the unit and then it will be returned to you.
- Credit. Return the unit. Upon receipt of the unit, company will issue a credit to you for $200 to be used towards the online purchase of a new UL 2272 certified Swagtron T1 or T3. The credit will be valid ONLY for the next 30 days after being issued.
Company will cover all shipping costs, whether you choose option 1 or option 2 above. If your unit is included in this program, we will provide you with instructions on how to return your unit.
This process may take between 8~12 weeks to complete.
Consumer Contact: toll-free at 1-866-248-5302 from 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or CLICK HERE or SCROLL DOWN to fill out the form below to find out if your item is included…
For More Information, please click here.
The X1 Hands-Free Smartboard self-balancing scooter comes in gold, black, white, blue, red, green, and pink colors. If you purchased your X1 Hands-Free Smartboard online after February 1, 2016, it is not covered by the recall. Also, if your X1 has a 6-digit number at the center bottom of the unit, it already has had the replacement battery pack installed under warranty and is not covered by the recall.
2. Did you purchase your X1 before Feb 1, 2016?
3. Did you send your X1 in for repairs after Feb 20, 2016?
Your X1 is included in our Voluntary Safety Recall Program … please continue …
ATTENTION – IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- ONE(1) SUBMISSION PER UNIT. You must fill out one of the below forms for each unit you wish to send us for the We Care Program. If you have 3 units, then you do have to submit the form 3 different times. One time for each rideable.
- You MUST send back your AC Adapter/Charger, with the hoverboard.
We will swap out the old battery pack for a brand-new UL2271 SentryShield™ and send your X1 unit back.
We recycle your unit, and send you a coupon(via email) for $200 towards the purchase of a NEW Swagtron T1 or T3 hoverboard.
Your X1 is not included as part of this program – If you still have questions please contact email@example.com